Hey there, guess what’s coming up?.. Valentine’s Day — it’s just around the corner! For those with a boo, this day can be super exciting. And for those without , nbd, it’s just like any other day; but maybe with a few extra pieces of chocolate you picked up at the store. All the build up to this day can be overwhelming. How to celebrate? Where to celebrate? What to give as presents? Etc. Etc. Etc.. I’m writing to give you a little extra inspo for this fantastic, romantic day. Unfortunately, this year Valentine’s Day falls on a Wednesday. Nonetheless, these ideas could be of use for any day of the week.
Everyone has their own ideas of what they believe to be romantic, so these ideas cover a pretty large spectrum of possibilities. If you want to keep it small or if you want to go all out. Either way works. Here are a few small stay at home ideas that actually go a long way.
- Candles (for anything really)
- Chocolate covered strawberries
- Heart shaped pizzas (Pizza Hut and Papa Johns offer this around Valentine’s)
- A picnic, with a blanket and basket
- Romantic movie night
- Or even baking your favorite treat
- Bowling alley
- Your favorite dinner place
- Re-create your first date
- Waffle house or chick-fil-a’s candle lit dinners
- A picnic on the parkway
- Downtown art galleries or coffee shops→ here’s a few places for something small: Asheville Art Gallery, Woolworth Walk, Ariel Gallery, Mountain Made Art Gallery, The Chocolate Lounge, The Double Decker Bus, Green Sage Cafe, City Bakery, Hole, and Vortex Doughnuts
If you’re looking for something maybe a little more high end, or for an excuse to dress up, here’s a few places to eat in Asheville that are spectacular.
- Sierra Nevada
- Sunset Terrace, The Grove Park
- The Biltmore Estate
- Corner Kitchen
- Hiking: Rattlesnake Lodge Trail, Catawba Falls Trail, Mountains to Sea Trail, Max Patch, Craggy Gardens
- Navitat Canopy Adventures
- Urban Trail
With all these ideas being thrown your way, I hope at least one of them has caught your attention. As usual, I would love to hear how you spend your Valentine’s Day. So hit me up if you want @ firstname.lastname@example.org !